NEW !!! SIGARMS/HAMMERLI .22 LR TRAILSIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I AM IN RECEIPT OF THE CURRENT AMERICAN
RIFLEMAN MAGAZINE FROM THE NRA; ON THE
REAR COVER IS A NEW PRODUCT FROM SIGARMS.
IT'S THE SIGARMS/HAMMERLI .22 LR TARGET
MODEL SEMI AUTO. MY QUESTION IS; HAS
ANYBODY SEEN ONE ON THE DEALER SHELVE'S
YET, AND IF SO WHAT IS THE PRICE? BEING
A SIG-SAUER COLLECTOR; I JUST GOT TO HAVE
ONE !!! HOWEVER, IT WON'T BE REPLACING
MY RUGER MARK II KMK-512. ANY INFO WILL
BE APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE,

------------------
Ala Dan

You can go to Sig's website - www.sigarms.com - for more information, depending on what the ad said.

I called Sig earlier this week about delivery. I was told that the pistol would start to ship at the end of this month.

Cawdor, I know that we have been anxiously anticipating the arrival of this little beauty since Feb and was wondering if you are jumping on one of the first batch or are you going to wait on it. I think that it is going to be in such demand that it will be in short supply for a year, so I might wait and hope on a price drop next summer.

Ala Dan, it will replace your Ruger. This pistol is priced close to a Ruger or Buckmark yet the test targets I saw are like my Hammerli 208S. These pistols are nothing short of INCREDIBLE! There is no reason for S&W to make the Mod 41 anymore.

Jeff OTMG, I am anxious to see one, but I am not planning to buy one for a while.

First, Sig told me in August that the gun went back to engineering because Sig was not satisfied with the ones it had built. I don't know what the problem was, but I think I will wait to make sure Sig has found them all.

Second, I agree with you. I expect the demand to be high and the supply low, so dealers will be able demand a premium. With a retail of $399 for the Standard, I'd expect a gun show price of about $300. I don't plan to buy until the price is close to that.

Finally, Sig has given me so many different release dates over the last few months, including an April release, I am planning to call Sig at the end of the month to see if the Trailside is really shipping.

The SIG pistol you mention is worth the wait. They will really put the heat on Ruger, Colt, and even the S&W 41 I am so fond of.

These are superior 22's priced at an average retail price for many lesser pistols.

I think the public at large will be very pleased with these gems.

Sid
---
Tx FFL

The Trailside is shipping! I saw one today at the gun show in Houston. Dealer was asking $399, plus 3% for a credit card. I guess full list price does not give him enough margin!

The one that I saw was the Standard with the 4.5" barrel. Very nice ambidextrous grip. Light, nicely balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back