• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

New Server is a bit Slow

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Maybe we were spoiled with the old server... but this is now very slow. If your using the same box, then the bandwidth is a lot less than what we used to have.

Seems slower here (Savannah, Georgia) on both my DSL line and the 10 Mbit connection at Hunter Army Airfield.

'Course, that could be partially to blame by the bandwidth consumed by the new worm going around on NT Servers...

I don't understand...

..much of what you all said. Sorry. 51 years old. I use webtv. It was slower last night, however this morning it's much faster for me.

KR

I am just glad we are back. Thursday night at work was awful dull. :(

From our new Web Host (Came in last night....I'm still catching up.)
FYI … I am seeing some sort of packet loss at the router… looks to me like it is impacting speed and am guessing there is a bad cable somewhere in the new setup… will try and troubleshoot tomorrow…
Roger

Glad you've isolated the problem.

Just FYI, I was referring to general slowness across the internet due to the activity attributed to the worm in question (can't think of any of the URL's that track i-net congestion).

Is this a dedicated box like the old one? What kind of server are we running on?

Yeah, 25% packet loss. Slower ping times too.

That sucker is screaming now! I'm on a T1 at work. I can't wait to see what my cable modem does. Good job guys ... and thanks.

It seemed slow to me during the startup also. But for me the real clue is the number of double taps. They tell me lots of folks were experiencing slowdowns (or actually "stopdowns"). We had a whole bunch for a few days and now they are practically gone.

Back