• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

New Section?

johnwill

I'd like to suggest a new section. How about a Curios & Relics section? I'm sure quite a few of us collect old guns, it would be a fun section to compare notes. For Instance, how many people recognize this one?

67865_Warner_Infallable_024small0.jpg

Johnwill,

What about Harvey Nolden's forum? Research on old and interesting firearms seems to be what that forum's all about.

Repeat request.
Reasonable request.

Unfortunately, we're just swamped with daily life and times. Additionally, as has been said, Harley's forum is already set up for this.
Rich

RAE, you win the stale cigar. :)

I guess I was looking for something that more people would frequent, I can't believe there aren't more of us collectors posting here... There isn't much traffic in Harvey Nolden's forum.

Maybe Harley's forum could use a name change?

Harley's Firearms Research and Curio & Relic yadda yadda yadda?

Or maybe, given the relative age, nature, etc., of some of the firearms that are now classified as C&Rs, maybe it's just better to leave them to be dealt with in the appropriate section.

to All:
I have no heart burn with the changing the name of the Research Institute to include the curios etc. I will have to agree that it would fall into the same catagory as research. I will leave the final decision up to the powers.

The Pistol that has been presented appears to be a Warner Infallible Pocket Automatic Pistol, made from 1917 - 1919 by Warner Pistol of Norwich Connecticut, also known as Davis-Warner Arms Co

Harley:)

Just back from thinning the TX hog and coyote populations. Give me a couple of days and I will get this change done.

Harley-
Thanks so much for the extension of your Forum. I didn't want to push, but these guys deserve your Forum's expertise.

Curios and Relics Owners....
You've no idea what you just received....Harley's digital and synaptic databases are truly World Class!!!!

Great news all around!
Rich

Back