New Sasquatch ammo review. Unbelivable accuracy at this price point

Mystro

This review started out as a quest for quality range ammo. By “quality” I mean brass cases and fully copper jacked bullets. A bit of a back story: I teach a CCW class and a pattern was emerging that many of my students were running to a big box store to grab 4 boxes of ammo to practice with and do this every time they went to the range. These students would show up with garbage ammo that was never tested in their guns. They had to basically buy what ever was in stock that day. Terrible idea. The irony is most of us seasoned shooters are so picky with our carry ammo and many of forum threads are exhausted discussing the fine points of which Self Defense ammo is superior but our range ammo is never given any thought yet we shoot the majority of shots out of our pistols with range ammo.
I think you see what I am getting to. How can anyone expect our high quality $$ handguns to perform to their potential with garbage ammo??

I was discussing this the last time I ordered my HST/GoldDot from Massammo.com. They were pleased to announce they were working on a line of “quality” range ammo made by a well known government contract supplier at a affordable price and asked if I was interested in testing various calibers. The new line of ammo they developed was called “Sasquatch”. It was available in either new or re manufactured form. I dont particularly like to shoot remanufactured ammo but after they explained the level of quality control and commitment given to the entire line of Sasquatch ammo, I was willing to give both new and remanufactured ammo a shot.
I was not disappointed. In fact I was shocked at the quality of components they use in this ammo at this low of a price point. I picked a variety of calibers and handguns to test the ammo with. Sig, HK, S&W, Walther, and Glock were my test weapons of choice.

Ammo was boxed with plastic trays and in cardboard boxes with the manufacturing lot stamped. All Sasquatch ammo is by a well known government contract supplier and made in the USA. I also learned that every bullet has its picture taken as it is being manufactured and assigned a lot number. In other words, these are being produced in state of the art manufacturing equipment. This requires a huge investment so the Sasquatch brand is very committed to make this ammo work.

Two factors jumped out after shooting alot of Sasquatch ammo in multiple calibers in multiple guns.

Reliability was perfect across the entire line. Accuracy was excellent in every caliber and handgun I used.

( I couldnt take a pic of every guns performance with the Sasquatch ammo but here are a couple in no particular order.)

Feeding and ejecting was effortless in all calibers.

Here is my P227 putting 50 rounds back into the box from 15 yards:

The Sasquatch ammo not only passed my test but also became the standard of accuracy for range ammo I have seen in a long time. This would also qualify it as a perfect IDPA match ammo. The icing on the cake is the price of this stuff. I dont know of any other range ammo that is this cheap and this high quality.

Because I was so impressed with the Sasquatch ammo, I talked to Massammo.com to see if we could get a forum discount. These forum discounts are not easy to arrange.

(I do not work for massammo, this is a forum public service I am trying to provide.)

The price point was already so low on Sasquatch that after several emails and phone calls, we came to this arrangement. Buy at least 1 case of Sasquatch ammo to qualify for free shipping for your entire massammo.com order. That means you can get your range ammo AND your personal protection or any other ammo you might need at the same time for free shipping.:cool:

Starting Wednesday October 21st through Sunday October 25th:

Free shipping on entire order with 1 case or more of Sasquatch Ammunition in the shopping cart. Coupon Code: sasqship

Available calibers:

· 45ACP 230GR

· 9MM 124GR

: 40S&W will be available Friday-Sunday for this deal. (a shipping delay in 40S&W held them back two days)
Coupon valid Wednesday October 21st- Sunday October 25th

2 Sasquatch Case Max per order.

Coupon not valid with individual box purchase. Order must contain (1) case or more of Sasquatch ammunition to receive order ships free.

Coupon Code: sasqship

thans for the review, and thanks so much for arranging a forum discount. i hope it bring some fruits to your laborious task. can you specify what high quality components means, like maybe, as it would compare to a different reman ammo company? i did notice from your first pick of the three boxes, they do not seem to stick with ONE type of primers for all their ammunition lines. i do not personally do ths at home either, but i was hoping that they would stay consistent from lot to lot, not just picking the lowest price point, but maybe there are other contributing factors to these kinds of choices. do you know the scoop on the components being used? where does the brass come from, does their brass provider able to prove once fired, or history etc.? not that any of these things are important, just that these things would actually makes it's quality stand out compared to others.......... i have some friends that work at Ga Arms, reman company that's local, and have seen their operations and they also seem to have good QC to an extent, although not perfect by any means, but their ammo is acurate and the pistol rounds seem to shine for "reman's"

i love when TFL gets exclusive deals, and am always happy to hear more affordable ammo hitting the streets, to hopefully drive the whole of the market down. thanks alot for bringing this to us, i have never heard of the distributor or this particular branding.

thanks for putting in the work.

I dont get any kickbacks or any payment at all from Massammo. These forum discounts work for me because I buy alot of ammo using the promo code as well so its a win-win for every body. I bought alot the last forum discount and I will buy alot this time.:D

I tried both Sasquatch new and re-manufactured and both were equally as accurate in all my testings. I am buying re-manufactured ammo for my CCW classes since its a bit cheaper. I dont know exactly what fmj bullets they are using other than to guess its probably Federal since they sell alot of HST and Federal ammo. I dont know for sure other than its loaded to LE spec since they buy alot of it.

I found a better deal on 9mm remanufactured ammo.
If I buy 100,000 rounds. Really, that is the volume I had to buy to beat the deal and I don't think shipping(2 pallets) was included.

At least the forum discount will also give you free shipping on 50 round boxes of 45acp HST for $26.95 when you buy a case of range Ammo. That HST price is a steal. Heck that's less than most shops are charging for 20 rounds of HST.
I believe they are suppose to be getting Golddot in this week in time for this sale. I need to stock up on 3 different calibers so I will be checking each day.

At least the forum discount will also give you free shipping on 50 round boxes of 45acp HST for $26.95 when you buy a case of range Ammo. That HST price is a steal. Heck that's less than most shops are charging for 20 rounds of HST.
I believe they are suppose to be getting Golddot in this week in time for this sale. I need to stock up on 3 different calibers so I will be checking each day.
That's a good enough price (especially with free shipping) that I'm tempted to buy some myself... even though I don't own a .45, and likely won't for a while yet.

Back