New Sako carbine

sgtgeorge

I picked up my first Sako today (Bottom Rifle). It is a Finnbear chambered in 7mm Rem Mag. Got it on consignment for $700.00. From what I've read, it is a 1970's edition with a mint bore. Bolt face is clean as well, doesn't look like it was shot much at all. How'd I do? The other rifle (top) is my old stand by, a Harrington and Richardson Ultra bolt rifle in 30-06.

IMG-0447.jpg

IMG-0458.jpg

IMG-0507.jpg

7MM mag

I am partial to mannlicher style carbines myself. Congrats on your new carbine. I'dunno about soft shooting, but from a 18-20" tube, that 7mm Mag will be loud and a fireball......enjoy!

Nice looking rifle you have there. SAKO is famous for their quality built rifles.

If you're hunting deer within forests or foothills, I suggest using a modern loading manual and reload this cartridge down to energy levels of the 7mm-08. Far less muzzle blast and related recoil.

Jack

+1

Yeah, I thought that too. I'd be surprised if that short 7Mag gets anywhere near published velocities, so might as well throttle it back.

It's still a good looking carbine though.

I wonder what happened to the one Sadam Husain owned, he used to shoot it one-handed into the air. From his balcony.

I've always thought that Trump would get some more respect from the media if he did the same thing on the porch of the White House. Too, a crewcut and a rolled-up sleeve displaying a "MOM" tattoo on his bicep would better help define his public image.

Back