New Saeco

Beagle333

Got a new one today (new to me, that is). It's a Saeco, which I find to be wonderful molds and they always cast like a dream. :) You have to use the genuine Saeco handles, which are quite pricey, but you only need one set unless you really have a nice collection of Saeco molds. I only have about 3 or 4 of them.

This one is a .45 Colt mold, 255gr SWC, gas checked.
Normally I wouldn't use a GC mold for any .45 shooting, but I wanted to use these in my Rossi 92 and I really hate to clean any lead out of a rifle, so the GC should really lower the chances of that chore being required.

84433079-4360-470C-93A0-6DEE69F40324_zpsqiivdumx.jpg

'Anybody else got anything happening from their pots and the beautiful silver stream this weekend? I think that before I can consider casting anything, I'm going to have to declare war on about a thousand red wasps that live in my casting shed now. I haven't been out there since April 6 (I know, because that was my last post showing any bullets) and the flying critters have been allowed to populate freely all summer. And a nice tin shed with several wooden shelves in it is pretty much the natural habitat of the American Red Wasp.:rolleyes:

paper_wasp2.jpg

'Makes me itch and burn just thinkin' about it!:eek:

Nice molds, and I use several. If you go in that shed at night when the wasps are all on the nest, its easy to fog them with wasp killer....

I have some SAECO molds and a buddy gave me a SAECO lub-sizer. Like them all.

Those yellow jackets in your picture are about half the size of a Red one. I am not fond of any of them even if they do eat bugs. The fire ants have virtually eliminated the bumble bee, so they are not now a factor in the woods.

Back