new S&W 32 Hand Ejector

They are a lot of fun. Mine has a worn finish, but it still shoots like a champ.

SW20Hand20Ejector20Right_zpszz2eq3mo.jpg

I love the .32s...

Yours has a beautiful finish. Is that original?

Mine, a 1920s Regulation Police, has gone patina brown. Here it is in front of its bigger K frame cousin, also 1920s vintage.

409858444.jpg

I also have a Colt Police Positive in .32 Long (what Colt called the .32 Police). It's from the 1930s, and is in excellent shape but for a big chunk out of the left grip panel.

406077753.jpg

I also have a 2" Model 30 J frame in .32 Long, a Military & Police HE in .32-20, and a Colt Police Positive in .32-20.

Plus an ancient US Revolver Company (Iver Johnson's value line) in .32 S&W that was my Great Grandfather's, and an H&R breaktop in .32 S&W that belonged to another Great Grandfather.

Yep. I love the .32s.

The biggest (only) thing wrong with those hand ejectors is the groove milled in the top strap to serve as a rear sight...totally inadequate. However, K32's are all but unobtainable due to their high price. Nevertheless, I love my I frame .32.

"However, K32's are all but unobtainable due to their high price."

A few years ago a good friend of mine stopped into a little rural gunshop in South Western Virginia while visiting family, and chanced on a 4" S&W Model 16 in .32 Long.

It had some odd scarring on the top strap and barrel, as if it had been dropped on a porcupine, but otherwise it was in excellent condition.

The out-the-door price?

Slightly under $500, which even at that time (maybe 5 years ago) was one of the freaking steals of the century. It was under priced by at least $750 to $1,000.

To say that I went into an evil jealous rage is the understatement of the year....

Back