New Revolver

Deerhunt

So I got this ruger super blackhawk the other day that had been shot very little. It came with a cheaper tasco scope, the original mounts, the box and a holster. I paid $450 OTD. I shot a box of 25 44 mags and it seemed to work just fine. How did I Do?

Last edited:
I'd say you did just fine. I think I would have pried open the old wallet confronted with that deal.
Good luck.
P.S. Do you reload? If so it would be easy for you to load your new find from mild to wild for plinking, hunting or anything in between. A very versatile gun!

Sorry, you are correct and I should have called it a revolver but I got lost in the excitment. Anyhow I do not reload but my uncle was going to give me a press and I was going to see how much money I got for Christmas and put some of that towards reloading supplies. The reason I didn't show the target was because I was shooting at pop cans. I also don't know how to post pictures :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Handgun* or Revolver*

Not Pistol

Just saying

Fooey!

You have obviously never been to a CAS match. We always call them pistols, never revolvers.

This business about not calling a revolver a pistol is strictly 20th Century. They were called pistols all the time in the 19th Century.

Driftwood is correct, a revolver or a semi auto can quite correctly be called a pistol. Check my posts I quite often use the pistol word interchangeably and in lieu of “gun”. Military designation has normally called any handgun a “ pistol” in some of the Custer reports the loss of pistols is noted, the Brits refer to the Webley as a “ pistol, revolver” but what do they know about firearms?

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you why I got such a big caliber. I have an American made Winchester 94ae with the large loop and 16" barrel in 44 mag so I figured I'd get a pistol to match and because my grandpa is in the restricted or whatever it's called zone and has thick woods I figured it would work about perfect.

I have a South Dakota "Concealed Pistol Permit". I'm fairly certain that allows me to legally carry any sub species of pistol including revolvers, semi autos, single shots, and multi barrel.

Had a Redhawk with a Tasco World Class (Japan) on it, never a problem. It wasn't as bright as a Redfield or Leupold tho.

Back