New Revolver Day

Schlitz 45

Went to a gun show yesterday & my wife expressed interest in a Heritage 22 revolver, mostly because she thought the grips looked cool, she even mentioned the gun again last night. Went back today(still had the hand stamp so didn’t have to pay entry fee) & got her the revolver. It will be perfect for her to get comfortable with shooting as she’s a bit gun shy (my fault) and the cost was more than reasonable.
I’ve been wanting a cowboy gun so I can re-live my cap gun days & got me a Ruger New Vaquero 45LC that I cant wait to go shoot.
Got both of them cleaned up & plan on giving her the revolver on Valentine’s Day as I’m sure she’ll like it & it will last a lot longer than flowers or candy.
zAGYULsl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks mk. The long suffering Mrs Schlitz & I have 34 years of marriage under our belts-haven't thought of her as a bride for many moons.:)

That's the way to impress your wife on V-Day. Now that you've cleaned it make sure you teach her how and she will be a happy shooter. Good thing the price of .22 ammo is coming down.

You're a lucky husband. My wife doesn't like guns, never has fired one and never will. At least she's tolerated my hobby.

I especially like your New Vaquero. I have one in .357.

Update: she loves her new revolver & I caught her completely off guard with this gift. Headed out to Pawnee Grasslands tomorrow to try 'em out.
Came home last night & had a gun belt/holster I ordered in the mailbox-should make shootin' even more fun.
VvbT8Y6h.jpg

Last edited:
Back