New Remington 700 AAC-SD feed issues

eviltravis

I just bought a new Remington last weekend. First off I'll say that it is a very accurate rifle. After zeroing it in I was able to get one four shot group that was under an inch at 100 yards. Unfortunately I'm having trouble with getting the rounds to feed up through the internal magazine. The back of the cartridges will not lift high enough for the bolt to catch them. I called Remington with the issue on Monday and the sent me a new magazine spring which arrived today. (Fast service in my opinion.) I'm still having the same problem though. The cartridges don't feed up and the bolt rides over the top of them. I'm going to call them again in the morning, but I was hoping that one of the sages here on TFL could give me some advice.

Thanks.
E.T.

The magazine box is secure in the rifle. The follower almost seems like it's too small. It is wedging a bit up against the side of the magazine box when the rounds are on top of it.

Hmm. I would try maybe filing down the sides of the mag follower a little bit at a time. See if it frees up and allows the round to lift up fully.

Or see if Remington will send a new follower.

I called Remington today. I was hoping they would send along a follower, but it sounds like I'll be getting a magazine box from them instead. Does anyone know where there would be a better than stock option for followers and springs?

Have you taken the stock off the gun? It kind of looks like the blind box mag may have gotten installed backwards.....:confused:

Or maybe the follower didn't get installed correctly.

Last edited:
I recieved the new magazine box from Remington. Unfortunately it doesn't go to this rifle... I'll be calling them again on Monday. I gave them the model, serial #, and caliber of the rifle, but the box they sent looks entirely different and would never accommodate a .308 round.

The magazine box is not in backwards and the malfunction persisted with several factory loads.

Back