new refurb police P7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanfunk

Hi guys! Just got back from the store with one of those refurbished German Polizei H&K P7's. It has the milling mark on the side (sob) but is pristine mechanically. The slide has been pretty roughly refinished, though. It looks like they just tossed the damn slide into a bucket of dark purple parkerizing solution, shook off the excess, and put it back on the gun. Apparently, it's had fewer than 200 rounds through it, so I can't complain toooo much. I'm psyched to shoot this baby! Anyone else have one of these? The trigger seems to have a bit of creep to it- any chance this will get better with time? Any advice given to a new P7 owner would be greatly appreciated. TIA for your help.

------------------
semper ubi sub ubi

Price paid?
I got the same one, had same concerns re purple slide refinish. I was told by a reputable source that the highest quality steels take on that hue when they are blued. I considered having it refinished (with no certainty that it would get darker), but I have grown to like it. My advice: shoot the crap out of it and start enjoying the good life.
Any recommendations on holsters for the P7? I like the Alessi Talon (IWB), but might be open to suggestions.
Welcome to the club. You can take on an elitist and snobby air from now on, BTW.

Greetings. My commercial P7PSP has the purple hue to the slide that you mention. I, too, am told that it has to do with the high quality of steel, but I cannot prove this.
Best.

Snob mode on! I paid $650 for mine, and traded my Walther P5 for the priviledge of P7 club membership. I have yet to fire it, but it certainly is a slick, natural pointer. I'm still contemplating having the slide refinished (maybe by Arizona Response Systems- reputedly good H&K people?) as there is some very light pitting just atop the grasping serrations. I'm delightfully surprised by it's weight and dimensions! It "feels" quite a bit lighter than its rated weight, and a 6.5 in. overall length with a 4 in. barrel really is an engineering marvel. This is obviously a superbly engineered weapon. Thanks alot for your input, guys- I'm relieved to know that the purple hue of the slide is a mark of distinction and quality (just as this pistol is a mark of mine. HA!).

------------------
semper ubi sub ubi

Just one more Q- does anyone know of an H&K P7 online forum? I have heard of such a thing. but cannot locate a web address. Thanks!

------------------
semper ubi sub ubi

sorry-double tap

------------------
semper ubi sub ubi

[This message has been edited by vanfunk (edited October 26, 1999).]

vanfunk -

Yes there is a forum online, search the past TFL threads for 'P7', etc. Someone in the past has provided the link for it.

I like the Rosen ARG for my PSP. The best for the best (snob mode on :D )

------------------
Freedom is not Free

I carry my PSP in a Horseshoe Leather (Andy Arratoonian) belt slide. A world famous holster for a world famous gun. Yes, I'm a snob too. Got a Chris Reeve Sebenza to go with it!

------------------
Knee deep in brass, still shootin fast!

Hello, as you can see I`m a new guy. Not on the p7 theme though. My pride and joy is my
p7m10 in a nickle finish. I`ve found the p7 to be tight when new. After a while it will get better. One ?, Where can I find mags for this piece??????? Nice site. Looking forward to learning a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back