New primer source?

Micro man

Was going through my email today and had an ad from Powder Valley.
They were listing large rifle primers for sale from a company called White River Energetics . I had never heard of them and the ad said they were located in Arkansas.
Just wondering if any members had used these primers before and if so their experience.

Micro man

I guess I'll be the guinea pig--when I saw Republic Ammunition has Large Rifle Magnum Primers I immediately placed an order. I hope it wasn't a hoax--I saw they are up on both Yelp and BBB and didn't see anything indicating it was a ripoff.

Yeah, they just sent me a notice, so I take that as a definite these are for real. Wish they had the magnum ones as well.

Good news--the White River primers are for real and I have them in hand. Republic Ammunition processed the order and I received them very quickly. Since I haven't done any big magnums in a long time, that itch will now be scratched.:)

The fit of the magnum primers seems to be perfect--not too tight, not too loose and seats just a hair below the rim face without any excess force needed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 240
That’s great news and your ammunition looks amazing
LOL--I just like taking pictures of it for some reason. That's 7mm STW that I made from 375 H&H cases. It was kinda funny, the 7mm STW doesn't really have that much felt recoil--so I then shot some 300 Weatherby--that never fails to punch hard.

I have money, though I don't need to spend it right now... but I need LRPs more than I need money (I'm down to 600).

Back