New Powder, Ramshot Grand

I've had nothing but good luck with Ramshot powders so far.

I had a # of Ramshot Silhouette that went bad on me. The only powder I've ever had go bad in 40 years of loading. I'm sure it was a "one off" event.

It also happened to be the only Ramshot propellant I've ever bought. Lots of Accurate Arms stuff though.

I just had 5 pounds of Grand delivered from Midsouth for $256, I’m going to test it in my 65PRC and 300RUM.

I like the 220gr Hornady in the RUM, but Hodgdon has no data for heavy bullets in the RUM and QL doesn’t list Grand so I’m going to have to check into that further

CAUTION: The following post (or a page linked to) includes or discusses loading data not covered by currently published sources of tested data for this cartridge (QuickLOAD or Gordon's Reloading Tool data is not professionally tested). USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assumes any liability for any damage or injury resulting from the use of this information.

Looking at the Hodgdon data, it is close enough to Ramshot Magnum, that it looks like any starting load for Ramshot Magnum will be just under the starting load for Grand, and, assuming it doesn't fall under the 70% case-fiil rule, will probably be fine as a starting point for load workup.

I tested Grand in my 6.5 PRC yesterday. I compared it to Magnum and R-26 using Sierra Gamechanger 130gr .

Accuracy was mediocre at best and velocities working up to Max charge according to Hodgdon was slow compared to both R-26 and Magnum.

Velocity was acceptable but accuracy was not.

Maybe "Grand" is the name Hodgy gave to the powder now that General Dynamics is making it for them, but it doesn't _quite_ match what Eurenco was making for them as "Magnum?"

Total speculation on my part.

Back