• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

larry408

Is anyone having problems with the new posts being flagged? This is the only forum that I am having problems with. I have cookies turned on and have tried resetting my preferences, but it has not helped.

What do you mean by, "being flagged," Larry?

Do you mean that the yellow folders don't turn pink? Or that the Forum doesn't show that there are new posts since your last visit? (i.e. Crosshairs / Bullet holes)

A little more information and we can help you out, hopefully.

I'm also having a problem. My browser is set to receive all cookies, and I have set preferences to store the User Name and Password, but when I want to reply to a post I still have to enter my User Name and Password.

What is wrong?
Manny

Y'all might want to check your Internet Preferences settings. Make sure they are set to "every visit to a page".

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Go to your computer settings and click on internet settings and then go and click on settings and then click on everytime you visit the web page.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
cwmstone2.gif

Sorry to be a pain about this, but exactly where do you get to the settings you mentioned? I'm using Netscape and can't find these settings anywhere.

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by terridarri:
Go to your computer settings and click on internet settings and then go and click on settings and then click on everytime you visit the web page.
[/quote]

No problem at all Manny.
Click on "start", then.....
Scroll up to "settings", then....
Click on "Control Panel", then...
Double click on "Internet Options", then..
Click in "Settings"....
You should see a list of options. Choose the top setting, "every visit to page".

I hope this works. We have to "reset" ours constantly while on line. But then I'm by now means a computer wise. In fact it is a miracle that I am even here. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Thanks, Gunslinger.

Unfortunately, that setting was checked so I guess I'll just have to memorize my password. Seems to be getting harder at my age. :)

Thanks, again.
Manny

Originally posted by Gunslinger:
No problem at all Manny.
Click on "start", then.....
Scroll up to "settings", then....

The "Internet Settings" in the control panel doesn't affect the settings for Netscape, only Microsoft Internet Explorer.... I can't think right off hand where it is for netscape, but I'll let you know as soon as I can find it again.

------------------
Wisdom only comes when the mouth closes and the mind opens.

For Netscape on a PC:

Click on the Edit menu, select Preferences...

In the preferences dialog box, click the '+' sign next to 'Advanced.'

Click on 'Cache'

Be sure that "Every Time" is selected under "Document in cache is compared to..."

Click 'OK'

That should do it.

To: TheBluesMan
Didn't work. Still have to enter User Name and Password. Thanks for taking the time.

To: George Hill
I give up trying to get this to work. How do I change my password? Thanks,
Manny

Manny, Click on the "profile" link, it's up near the TFL logo. It'll ask you for your name and current password. Enter taht, and hit the "ok" button ( I think that's what it says, but it may be "submit". The next page will be your profile. The password is the second line down, change it to whatever you want, change anything else that you feel like, then hit the "submit" button down at the bottom of the page. After that, it'll send you to the "Forum's Summary" page, and your password will be the new one.
Eric

Manny - IIRC, TFL (and all UBS software for that matter) uses a "cookie" stored by your browser to "remember" your password.

If you're still having problems, select the "preferences" link at the top of the page, and then click on the link that says "delete all cookies"

After that, try a test post. You'll be asked for your password. Thereafter, you shouldn't be prompted.

Cliff

Cliff,

It worked partially. I have to re-enter the password & user name if I enter TFL after restarting Netscape.

Anyway, I did change the password, so this is not a big deal and not wort everybody's trying anymore.

Thanks for helping.

Manny

Back