• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

"New posts" age to "No new posts" while online

kkb

While I peruse the messages I've notice after a while updated threads I haven't read yet, since my last visit, have changed their status from
thread_new.gif
to
thread.gif
. Makes it tough to spot the new stuff!

Aside from learning to read faster is there a way I can change whatever determines this behavior?

I'm not sure about the timing, but if when reading a particular thread takes too long, and you refresh your browser, this is the result you will get.

What I do is to open all the forums in tabs. When reading any particular thread, that is also opened in a new tab. Close the tab after reading and select the next interesting thread to read.

That way, I don't have to hit my "back" button, refreshing the forum index.

So... Are you using a browser that's capable of opening the various fora indexes in tabs?

I just open new posts and review all headers and read the ones that interest me. Is this the most efficient way?

Antipitas said:
So... Are you using a browser that's capable of opening the various fora indexes in tabs?
Yep. Guess I'll just have to get tab happy! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply.

kkb, while I'm no expert on this, I believe that the board auto-logs you out, if it sees no activity after 30 minutes. So reading a long thread and/or taking a long time to reply, means that when you hit the "back" button/key, you are auto-logged back in and your cookies are refreshed.

Until Firefox 1.0 came out, I always used to "lose" my unread threads. :mad:

Back