New Polymer Kahr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn E. Meyer

Kahr's site speaks that this month
we will see the Polymer 9mm at 17
ounces. This will be a nice gun or
so it seems. Anybody see one?

I'll definately be looking at the Polymer K-9 when it comes out. I'm gonna wait for a while though for all the bugs to be worked out. If it turns out to be as good as their steel guns, who knows what'll happen next for me.

I did TONS of research before I went with Ruger P-95. Read lots of articles and it seemed to be a flawless design and the perfect first gun. I'm a little worried about ANY full power gun that weighs as little as the Kahr polymer, Kel-Tec, Taurus PT-111 etc.

Ben

Ben, I wouldn't worry about it. No one argues that Glocks aren't durable. I am no Glock fan but am a Kahr fan who is looking forward to handling this pistol.

I don't think there will be many bugs to the design as it should basically be a K-9 adapted to the polymer frame. And Glock has the answers to the polymer frame technology.

I also would probably be interested in the P9. BTW, I emailed Kahr and they told me October. The only thing that disappoints me is it's limited capacity when compared to other CCW in it's class. Kahr solved the weight problem, but a Glock 26 with 10+1 beats Kahr's 6+1. It's a shame they can't build these babies with better capacities because I really like how they fit my hand.

I think the new polymer is their larger frame
so you are looking at 7+1.

It's the price of its size.

Is it worth it? Interesting question.
I carry a 26 IWB and it's not too bad
but I've shot Kahrs a bit and they are
nice.

So will 8 rounds not do it? Probably
it will in most cases. One does carry
a second mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.