New Pistolsafe?

Atc1man

Well...the wife and I are planning to start foster care early next year. We're going to need at least one quick access safe for my pistols. I'm looking for suggestions on a small safe that will hold at least two pistols, some ammo, and maybe a few other small items (wallet, cellphone, flashlight, etc). My requirement is that the safe can be bolted to something (wall, headboard...whatever), and that the safe has two forms of access (Key and ??).
Suggestions, as well as sources welcome.
Thanks!:)

I have a GunVault that I like well. It has pushbutton code (easy to do without looking) as well as a backup key lock. They make a two-gun version though it may be small for two guns with ammo and other valuables.

Doug

Simplex

Mine will hold two if need, 5 button system, and can be bolted to furniture, bedframe...etc.

No batteries, no keys--combination of button sequence can be changed by owner. Some people have "bolted" in vehicle trunks.

Various model and prices, couldn't find a link , but well made and have had no problems in the 10 years I've owned mine.

Closest link I can find is here-http://www.deansafe.com/pistol_safes_index.html

mine is like the Quicksafe, and the Topdraw shown. purchased from a dealer and al mine says is Simplex

best

STACK-ON has some new security boxes out that are very affordable. The 3 I saw were 29, 49, and $69 respectively. Very strong box. Opens with key, or electronic keypad. Works great in a closet and it comes with hardware to bolt it to a shelf and the wall studs.
I ended up with the mid-range unit. I need to go back and get the larger unit too. They are called Stack-On Strong Box Safes.
Hope this helps. I haven't seen them at wallyworld yet. I got them at a local gun store.

I have been looking at getting one of these and mounting it in the closet right next to the bed.

gunlockerslices_02.jpg
girlusingkeypad.gif
HmSecLckr.gif

http://www.gunlocker.com/specs.htm

I use one of these attached to my headboard, and in the trunk of my car (useful if I have to go into, say, the court building, where my CCW has been nullified, or the doctor's office) At ~$90 they have the advantage of being vaguely affordable, while being pretty damn sturdy. They'll hold several full-sized 1911's, plus other assorted stuff.

[I've also seen them relabeled with gun brands for 2x the price.]

653291_sk_md.jpg

Brinks Drawer Safe @ Home Depot

Dex
FIREdevil.gif

those Brinks ones are half the price (or less) than "gun safes", you can buy them at wally world or costco for $60.00 or so. a friend has 3 of them (car, truck, bedroom).

Back