New Para-Ordnance p14-45 Limited SS

gjviii

Inactive
I have been reading about a breaking in period for new 1911 type guns. Is this something specific that needs to be done or is it something as simply as putting 500 + rounds thru the gun? Any advice on this would be appreciated as this is my first "new" gun. Thanks

Just shoot it a bunch to make sure it's reliable (using your carry ammo) before betting your life on it.

That's break-in.

If it acts up after 500 or so rounds talk to Para about service.

Each gun is different and my Para Ordnance P-16 .40 Limited does not like the 155 SWC but it will run all day on the 175 grain SWC. Like weshoot2 said just get out there and shoot it and be sure to try your carry ammo to make sure its reliable.

I bought my P-14 .45 Limited/Stainless late last year; worked well enough out of the box, but didn't feel "normal" until after I put about 500 rounds through it (seemed awfull tight -- not mechanically so, but... well, how do I put this... "up-tight"?).

Now it's a sweet shooter -- shoots almost as good as my P226.

I completely stripped & cleaned it with Break-Free CLP right out of the box, then field-stripped and cleaned with Rem-Oil and Rem-Clean every 100 rounds.

Maybe not necessary, but that shiny gun just begs to be cleaned. :)

Back