New P-32 Question

Doug S

I put 50 rounds of Remington UMC Ball ammo through my new P-32 this morning. I loaded 7 rounds into the magazine, cycled the slide and fired all 7 rounds without a problem. After the magazine was empty the slide locked open. I proceeded to load another 7 rounds into the magazine and load the magazine into the gun with the slide locked open. I then pulled the slide back and let it go forward. I loaded the gun with the magazine locked open on three consecutive magazines. On all three, the gun failed to go completely into battery on the 7th round. I was able to pull the slide back slightly and it easily pushed these rounds into the chamber for firing. I then loaded the last three magazines of 7 rounds into the gun (two of which were loaded into the gun with the slide closed, and one was loaded into the gun with the magazine locked open. All three of these fed all 7 rounds without a problem. Has anyone had this experience with the P-32? Is this normal for the break in period? I don't plan on doing the fluff and buff. I will put a couple of more boxes through the gun soon to see if this continues. Otherwise I was very happy with the P-32. It has a nice trigger and seemed fairly accurate (I'm not used to the sights). Thanks for any info.

The 71 gr .32 Remington UMC ammo is regarded as one of the lowest powered (+/- 750 fps)on the market. It's OK for the range, but I wouldn't judge the functioning ability of your new P32 on this ammo alone.

You do need to break the gun in though, probably run a couple more boxes of ammo through it, then try someting a tad warmer (in .32 terms)like Winchester silvertip or Fiocchi JHP.

I ended up taking the day off work and going back to the range. I put a box of Winchester White Box Ball Ammo through my P-32 without any problems at all. I'm thinking my experience this morning was just the normal breaking in period or ammo related. I also noticed that the belt clip gets my thumb just ever so slightly. I have the right hand belt clip, but I shoot with my left hand. It's not enough to hurt, but I do notice a sensation on my thumb when I'm through shooting. If my P-32 proves to be reliable I think I've found a replacement for my Jetfire. It's a nice little pistol. Would appreciate any feedback on my experience this morning. Thanks

I changed the recoil spring to 11 lb Wolff spring.
Also used sandpaper in the chamber,(was real rough).
The front of the case was hanging up on the rough chamber. Also put 10% stronger springs in magazine.
Now it works fine.

Back