New or Used?

Bam Bam

Here is the dilemma, I can get a used Beretta 686 Onyx for about $1000. Or I can get a new one for $1200. The used one seems to have been never fired and is at the local gun shop. Really it is NIB condition as far as anyone who has seen it can tell.

The new one is at a major chain retailor.

Is it worth it to switch? Any difference in the warranty? What do you think?

I would get the used one at the gun shop. The chain guys are never going to remember you and will not be of any help in the future.
Besides, you'll have $200 for shells and no one else will know the difference.

------------------
He who dares wins.
NRA Life Memeber

Buy the used gun. Support your local gun shop. Beretta warranty service is nothing to brag about. I would rather deal with my local gun dealer if I had a problem with a gun than the factory.

[This message has been edited by PJR (edited July 04, 2000).]

Used one. If it looks NIB, it probably is. I have seen lots of folks buy a gun then never use it or find something else they like better. Or shoot it once or twice and say nevermore. $200 extra to buy shells is a good reason.

Remember, the first time you shoot the new gun it will be a used gun. And you will be out 200 for the privilege of making it a used gun.

Have the used gun checked out by a competent gunsmith who knows doubles.

Can't you haggel a little to get the price of the used gun down?

Geoff Ross

------------------
One reason to vote in the next Presidential election.

It's the Supreme Court, Stupid!

[This message has been edited by K80Geoff (edited July 08, 2000).]

I asked my Dad this question about a rifle once and without missing a beat he asked me if my wife was "new" or "used" when I met her.
FWIW, I've been buying mostly used guns since then...
--Daniel

Back