new old shotgun

customaquatics

i just got a diamond arms single shot 12 guage from the gun shop for $70 an was wondering how these things are? like reliability an everything.

Diamond Arms is another Shapleigh Hardware brand. Yours was probably made by Iver Johnson and would be a decent shooter worth about what you paid for it.

Getting a date will be hard to do. Shells will probably be 2 3/4. Best take it to a gunsmith and let him measure the chamber tho.

Those single barrels by Iver Johnson were made around 1920-1930 so should be 2 3/4. Like I said tho best let a smith measure it to be sure.

Got any pictures ? When I was a kid I started hunting with a very old 20 Gauge Single Barrel. I miss that gun, but my uncle inherited it, so its still in the family.:)

just like mine but mine has darker wood.
6343743473038469990hgkx2eu.jpg

custommaquatics

Thanks for the picture, it brings back memories, that looks like the old 20 guage I used as a boy. I remember the smell of the gunpowder, and the many a squirrel I brought home with that old gun.

custommaquatics

Yes Sir, thats like us old guys had, except mine was a 20 Gauge.
Simple reliable, and yes they kick. Good old Shotguns, Ive been tempted to try and get another one like the one I used as a Boy.

Back