New NICS system problems?

Cheapshooter

My gun buying buddy called to inform me of his latest buy, almost. When out evil gun shop lady made tye call, she got a delay sale response. He had just bought a gun from another shop about a week ago with no problem.
She said ever since the new system went into use she has been getting about 50% declines or delays. People who she knows don't have any reason for a delay, and have never had one before.
Anybody else noticing the same kind of delay or denial rates?

I bought a gun a week ago and my NICS check went through nearly instantaneously. However, others were being delayed for up to 1/2 hour or so. People who are getting declines most likely have a problem in their background. People who are getting delayed, but not declined, may be getting confused with people who are getting declined, or they may have a pending problem in their background.

I know that some people believe they know someone doesn't have any problem in their background, but all it takes is one felony which COULD have a sentence of 1 year or more imprisonment; even if the person only got a fine of $50 and 10 hours of community service when she was 18.

Last edited:
Back