new movie and shooting charlton heston

alan

Summer of Sam, directed by Spike Lee, of "shoot charleton heston..." fame may have opened at a theatre near you.

Now might be a good time to, by withholding of patronage, show Holywood types that we do not especially care for, their support of "Clinton Causes", nor for what passes, in some quarters, for humor, Lee had charactertized his comment as "a joke".

As for the film itself, it could be an interesting one, I have not seen it, nor will I, as I do not care to support the likes of Spike Lee. Anyone else can choose for themselves.

alan

The best things to do if you want to watch this film would be:

1. Sneak into the theatre without paying....and after getting caught scream "RACISTS" at the top of your lungs.

2. Wait for video, make a copy, and return the video requesting money back....when caught scream "RACISTS" at the top of your lungs.

3. Forget about Summer of Sam and rent "Saving Private Ryan" again.

Not seeing the movie is not enough. You have to tell Spike that you're not going to see it, and tell him why.

He won't lose any sleep over having alienated a crazed, baby-killing sociopath (read: American gun owner), but the dollar signs...

-boing

[This message has been edited by boing (edited July 06, 1999).]

It's my understanding that the Son of Sam murders are played in the background. It's acually another one of those "Coming of age" kid flicks that just happens to take place during that summer. In other words, a waste of good film. Don't bother with it.

I saw it. It wasn't that great, much too long. (I know he is anti-gun, but it's hard to see ANY film that doesn't have an anti-gunner in in.)

You can skip this one and wait till it's on regu;ar cable if you just have to see for yourself.

How did they get the Charter 44 to fire six times without reloading?

They probably borrowed the Charter Arms Bulldog used in Manhunter. On one occasion, I mentioned how well Michael Mann portrays firearms use in his films (Heat, Thief, etc.). A friend then pointed out that in one scene, Wil Graham fires _six_ shots (Glasers, BTW) from his Bulldog.

As for Summer of Sam, there is no reason to give it more publicity with an organized protest. It opened at #8 this weekend, and probably won't last at first run theatres for more than a few weeks. Let it fail on its own.

[This message has been edited by Daniel Watters (edited July 06, 1999).]

Just heard on the radio today that Mr. Lee has been hired by the Navy to do their recruiting commercials.

I guess we will be forking over our money to him either one way or the other. No choice vs.elective.

spike lee is a sellout. what would the afro-american community think of some one who is now trying to attract the white market.
wher is al sharlaton when you need him. and if anyone feel's this post is racisit in any way lighten up. it's a fact if charlton heston was to make the same comment about s/lee reno would have a hate crime's tribunal going within the week.
WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE???????????/

Re JIMC's response to my post on Spike Lee/Charleton Heston, and "hate crimes" indeed, where is "General Reno" and her Justice Dept., so called?

Alan

oh i now know why there is no outrage sillery is running for senator in the rotten apple
and didn't al (the cop hater) sharpton just do a diner or something at the white house. oops i mean neutral color house

Back