New Mexico Concealed Carry Legislation

glennda

HB232 has been introduced by Lisa Lutz to give us back the right to carry a concealed weapon. I spoke to her secretary, and it is based on the Vermont laws. Please contact your reps and urge them to vote for this.
A. Unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon consists of carrying a concealed loaded firearm or any other type of deadly weapon with the intent to use the weapon to commit a crime.
    B. The element of intent required pursuant to this section shall not be presumed or inferred from the existence of possession of the weapon.
      [B.] C. Nothing in this section [shall be construed to prevent] prohibits the carrying of any unloaded firearm.
          [C.] D. Whoever commits unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon is guilty of a petty misdemeanor."

I hope that you folks in NM get CCW into law.

------------------
Maintain eternal vigilance. It is the people who are prisoners of their own ignorance about firearms that pose the greatest threat to our 2nd Amendment Rights.

glennda,

Good luck in getting that passed. I'm working on the same thing here in Ohio.
Do you know of a website for CCW in NM where we could perhaps check our the status of these bills?

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

I spoke to Naome in Rep. Lutz's office on Friday, 1/28/00. She said the the bill is still in comittee. The Governor still has to 'message' the legislature for a vote, as this is a budget session, and a vote can not be taken unless he 'messages' the legislature allowing a vote. Naome said that the Gov. should decide next week whether or not to message the legislature. Please call Governor Johnsons' office at 505-827-3000, or fax at 505-827-3026 and voice your support of this bill, known as the "Right to Carry Act".

Please visit http://www.gunowners.org/snm0100.htm for more information.

[This message has been edited by Bill in NM (edited January 29, 2000).]

Back