• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

New messages?

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
Weird behavior...

Every time I open a TFL session, all the forums (fora?) are marked as having new messages. That's weird enough... however, all the folders in the forums (fora?) are yellow instead of red.

I've already killed the cookie; no joy. Using Netscape 4.61 on NT4/SP5.

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."
Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

Did you delete the cookie by going into the "Preferences" ("Profile"?) area having the system do it for you? Did you reboot? Have you given up that nasty glue sniffing habit? ;)
Rich

Yes, yes, and yes... I've switched to heroin. :D

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."

Looks like you sure picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue!

(With apologies to the late Lloyd Bridges.)

What do you make of this, Mal? :D

------------------

Well I made a pumpkin out of it for Halloween. Also out of a ;) and a :). Mykl, ATM, T-Rex and I shot the heck out of them. But that's another story.

All seriousness aside, do you have your link going straight to the forum list or do you go through the "enter forums" page? I seem to recall getting the same thing you described until I started going through the home page.

Going through the index page first. FWIW, Internet Exploiter works correctly.

------------------

Um, that's what I mean.

------------------

Back