kdubya

Good Evening, Gents (and Ladies, if present)

Wonder if you might find room for a newbie in your hunting circle?

Been around since dirt was new and have kicked around at a few deer dropping piles. Might learn something from you folks, and - maybe impart something gained from many years of doing it wrong the first time!

Welcome aboard, kdubya. Good time to join the circle. Among the forums here on TFL, The Hunt is one of the more seasonal. But seein' as how the temperatures are dropping, the leaves are beginning to turn, and lots of folks are prepping for the fall, I expect things to pick up a bit 'round here.

What's your favorite "game?" I'm first and foremost a deer hunter, pursuing the game with rifle, shotgun, bow, and handgun depending on location and season. But I've done some turkey and other small game as well, and this season am looking forward to having my two oldest daughters afield after squirrel and turkey (my eldest son has been hunting for several years).

Thanks for the welcome, all -

Legionnaire -

Living in the northern portion of the Sonoran Desert, the leaves stay pretty much green year 'round, here!

We have a darn'd draw system in Ariz. and that pretty much predicates what we hunt, unless we slip out of state. Put in for elk, antelope and deer this year - only got drawn for deer. Then, we have to specify either mule deer or whitetail. I got the late hunt for whitetail (Dec 13 - 31). That's a prime time here, as the rut is just beginning in the high country.

Going over to New Mexico for a guided mule deer hunt the 13th of Nov, then fly up to upper of lower Michigan for whitetail the 19th of Nov. with a Michigan buddy that's coming down to New Mex for the muley hunt. He's got a place up NE of Traverse City being overrun with deer and I promised to go up and help him thin the herd down, somewhat - Ha!!

"maybe impart something gained from many years of doing it wrong the first time!"

Sounds like something Art might say. I have a sneaking suspicion we're gonna like this guy!

Welcome to TFL KW.
Rich Lucibella

Back