New member: Author of The Best Defense

bestdefense357

Hi, I'm a new member of this forum, and would like to introduce myself. In October, 1998, my book, The Best Defense: True Stories of Intended Victims Who Defended Themselves with a Firearm, was published by Cumberland House Publishing, Inc., in Nashville. The book has been favorably reviewed by Charley Reese and the Washington Times. For more information, check out my webpage:

http://www.ocala4sale.com/bestdefense

Thanks,
Robert A. Waters

Robert,

Welcome to TFL... I hope that you will find TFL to be as educational and entertaining as I have. Hopefully, you'll find this to be the premier online firearms discussion forum.

I will be checking out your website.

-Rob

------------------
-Essayons

Hi Robert!
Jeez, a real writer on deck? Guess I'll have to stop dangeling my participles and splitting my infinitives!

With a favorable review from Charley Reese, It's gotta be good! What are the chances of you selling signed hardcover copies to forumites?
BTW,
As a new forumite, you should know, we're always looking for special treatment of one sort or another. :D

------------------
Your mind is your primary weapon.

Ken,

Thanks for the nice words. If any member of this forum wishes to order an autographed copy of The Best Defense, please email me and I'll be glad to oblige. The book is a trade paperback, which means it is the size of a hardback but with a paperback cover. I was a guest on the G. Gordon Liddy show last week, and he said this was one of the best books he'd read recently. Of course, the reason is not my writing, but the great stories that were told to me by courageous vicitms who found the will to resist brutal attacks.

Having said that, I'm a writer but not a gun expert, and hope to learn more about the technical end of firearms on this forum.

Robert

What Robert did not tell you is that he is working on a second edition of his book. I hope that it is out soon. I've read the first book twice. There are a few firearms errors, I'm sorry to say, but they don't detract from the story being told, that personally owned firearms save lives. The events depicted in the book make good arguements on why we must keep our right to bear arms. BUY THE BOOK!!!

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Ken, if you are going to be 'dangling your participles' in front of our esteemed author / member, ya better spell it right! ;) [I'm sure I'll pay for this ;) )

Robert, I've sent you an email as well - I've heard of your book, so this will be much appreciated.

And, you're going to enjoy TFL a great deal. Soon you'll find yourself looking forward to 'speaking' with these folks almost daily, and it will soon seem like they're old friends.

Regards from AZ.

An excellent book! Waters is an outstanding writer. The stories are very well told. We'll be publishing a review of TBD on our web site very soon.

------------------
Shawn Dodson
http://www.firearmstactical.com

Robert, my copy arrived today. Just started, but so far, it's an easy read, nice story telling style, quite entertainig and educational. Nice job, I look forward to vol. 2.

More later, & thanks for the nice inscription.
M2

Thanks for the nice comments about my book. One of the reasons I joined the Firing Line is to learn more about weapons. Just through browsing and asking a question here and there, I've gained a great deal of specific and general knowledge. There are some experts on weaponry here, and I find it instructive to read your posts. I'm a writer, but have only a working knowledge of guns. Thanks again. Robert

Back