New Member / 1st pistol

24hrsparkey

Hey , much to learn about handguns ... even for a 54 year old longtime bowhunter , shotgun and muzzeloader deer hunter .

I'm in MD so its been quite a journey to purchase my first handgun . I started in March , and just yesterday got to take possession of a new CANIK TP9 Elite SC , blackout edition.
Why CANIK ? ......... I shot several brand pistols' in classes and qualifications and i like it best , shot with it best , good utube reviews and price.

Anyway i am sort of an old novice and will probl have questions !
Is there a brand specific area on this forum , or just drop questions here ?

Thank you , 24hrsparkey

Hey there!

Canik is a copy of Walther. You have a pretty good wealth base here. Just ask specific questions and you'll likely get an answer.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your new purchase.

Yes, this would be the sub-forum to discuss your CANIK TP9. There is no brand-specific subforum here.

The Firing Line has very active moderators, so you can always count on a prompt response if you have questions for them.

You can find the forum FAQ and introduce yourself here: New Members

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. I have the S&W SW99 which was the joint venture between Smith & Walther to introduce the P99.

I have been shooting pistols for 55 years, have or had many different types and brands, but my Canik TP9SFX is one of my current favorites. Good purchase and welcome to the forum.

Back