New McMillan/David Tubbs match rifle

Gale McMillan

Member In Memoriam
For those who couldn't see the McMillan /David Tubbs competition and tactical rifle system at the introduction at the shot show I am starting this thread. It comes in most caliber's that are suitable for competition and tactical use. There are lots of deviations to weight and size requirements so for further info contact Rock at rock@mcmfamily.com or call 623-582-3713.for pictures Photo1 and Photo2

[Links edited by Staff to correct Formatting]

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited January 21, 2000).]

Sorry about the left out info. They are retailed at $2500 for the match rifle and we are in production now. The Tactical may be a slightly less depending on extras.

Man that looks sweet! Just a question.. Since it is a bolt action rifle, is it legal in Cali?

(oh puhleeeze say yes!)

Yeah - it should be.
This is one slick rifle... it looks nice and light - but this one is 15 pounds.
Gale said a light weight version can be made.

Of the rifles at SHOT - this was one of my favorites, next to the Blazer R93 and Cooper's Steyer Scout. Can you say "Nice Trigger"? If I had the discretionary funds at the moment - I would have ordered one on the spot. This rifle in .308 or .300 would be good medicine for long range targets.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

[This message has been edited by George Hill (edited January 22, 2000).]

WOW....I'm in lust....now that comes in 308 and 300 win mag you say? Looks fully adjustable.....oh baby, oh baby....oh very nice looking.......fubsy.

I, too, got to handle this beauty. Unfortunately, my main focus was on a .50 and so I was a bit torn. But it was way cool; great ergonomics; great trigger; great options.

Now if I can just get Gale interested in helping me build a Scout type utility rifle from a Blazer straight pull action!

Rich

Looks like an option for me. I am looking to buy a tactical rifle for police sniper duty. How do I get specs and info/pricing on the tactical model?

Also, what are your .308 caliber ammo recommendations for this rifle and what kind of accuracy do you guarantee, if any, with the ammo you recommend?

My only comment based on the pic is that it looks like it would be very nose heavy. For those of you that handled it at the show, is it? The stock end looks extremely light.

------------------
Watch your six...

R6

You will want to send a query to mcbros@mcmfamily.com and check out the web page: http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcbros/mcbros.htm
This is one heck of a rifle.
Looking at it again - its amazing.
You can dial this rifle in and get it set up to fit you better than a $2,000 hand taylored italian tux. You cant do that with rifles that cost several times more than that. When you can get a rifle to fit you and the way you shoot - you can then shoot it better.

what will the guys at deer camp say?
gun-a.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dZ:
what will the guys at deer camp say?
[/quote]

Probably about the same thing they say when I walk in with my Accuracy International AWP. ;)

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>There are lots of deviations to weight and size requirements[/quote]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>This is one slick rifle... it looks nice and light - but this one is 15 pounds.
Gale said a light weight version can be made.[/quote]

so how light?
how does the stock break down for barrel cleaning?

a serious jones is forming again...

dZ

If I remember right Rock said 10 pounds of the cuff. But I bet if he used a carbon fiber barrel and handguard, Thermold mag etc... I bet it could be dropped to 5 without suffering loss of accuracy... which is this rifles whole point.

Damn... just when I get caught up on my Wish List, Gale pulls this on me...

Oh well, add another one to the gotthavvit file. :)

"What will the guys at deer camp say?"

I asked this rhetorical question one day at the gun store while looking at a FAL, (I will eventually buy one). A very wise old guy there told me something that I will never forget.

"Screw them! They don't pay for your guns!" :)

Mr. McMillian, that has got to be one of the neatest looking firearms that I have ever seen. If it shoots like it looks (I'm assuming it will),then it will one awesome piece of work.

Back