New maverick model 88, or used mossberg 500

irva

Inactive
So my college kid self has a measly 210$ left after paying all of this month's expenses.

Title is pretty straight forward, walmart here has a new maverick 88(24 inch barrel) for 209$ in the box, or the local gun shop has a mossberg 500(18.5inch barrel) for 180$ (he described it as "good shape", which i mean its a 500), that 30$ could be used for quite a bit of wax slugs.

What do you guys think? wait a few more weeks for ammo money, or take that 500?

I need some fast responses.

From your other post I thought you had a shotgun and you were now in the market for a rifle.

I don't know if you have an Academy Sports nearby, but they usually have the best deal on the Mavericks.

Of the two you mentioned, if the 500 is in good condition, I would go with it if you are wanting a short barreled shotty.

O4L -

You're correct with the fact that im in the market for a rifle (money set aside already), but i was looking at cheap viable options for another shotgun to keep at home, aswell as have one with me off-campus.

I ended up going with the maverick 88, didn't buy it from walmart though. Went to my local gun shop and he threw in a small pack of buck shot for free(209$ there).

Back