New Machinegun Builds

KILLJOY1

Inactive
HOW ARE NEW MACHINEGUNS ABLE TO BUILT AND SOLD LIKE THE TIPPMAN .22. IS THAT NOT A NEW MACHINE GUN? I THOUGHT THAT MAKING A NEW MG WAS ILLEGAL FOR CIVILLIANS ON OWN PER NFA RULES.:confused:

Last edited:
New machineguns may be made by a licensed manufacturer (07 FFL/SOT) for law enforcement or military, or demonstration to such. These are known as "post-samples" (post-1986, sales samples). They may also be bought by a licensed dealer (01 FFL/SOT) with a demonstration request letter by a law enforcement agency.

Additionally, there is a provision in federal law that allows the Sec. of the Treasury (IIRC) to grant a waiver to an unlicensed individual to make post-86 machineguns, but only for direct sale to the US government.

So Then The Tippman Minatures Are Sold To Le Or Military Only?
Or Does The Caliber Make It Ok? MAKE NO MISTAKE, I WOULD LOVE TO OWN ONE. INFACT I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A FULL AUTO .22, OR A GUN THAT HAS A CHEAP CONVERSION. 500 ROUNDS FOR $10.00 IS ALOT CHEAPER THAN $10.00 FOR 5 ROUNDS OF WHAT EVER

Caliber has nothing to do with it.

If they were made after May 19, 1986, they are "post-samples", ostensibly for demonstration/sale to law enforcement or military. That said, many 07/SOTs make weapons they know they cannot sell, but do it legally under the aegis of their license for their own use. Those post-samples, however, cannot be kept if their license lapses or if they relinquish their license. At that point, the sample must either be sold off to a qualified buyer or destroyed.

INFACT I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A FULL AUTO .22, OR A GUN THAT HAS A CHEAP CONVERSION.
The cheapest you will find is a M11/9 submachinegun. You can then buy a .22LR upper that uses Ruger 10/22 magazines. Takes under 10 seconds to do the conversion.

Back