New" Mac 10"

Bill Siegle

OK so it's not really a Mac 10 but has anyone seen or played with the latest version in .45? I see they take Grease gun mags so Hi caps are out there. But I was wondering what price range they fall in and if they're reliable(for a plinker at least). I used to have an M11 9mm and that was fun but I always liked the idea of a .45.They're even available as a carbine.

I so need one of these. I saw an ad in Shotgun news and decfided it was what I was missing. 30 shots of .45 from a handgun would be sweet. I do wonder if their any good and what the price will be.

I haven't seen the weapon you mention, but the M3 mags would definitely be a weak link in the system. They are single column feed and must be kept spotless to be reasonably reliable.

http://www.cobray.com makes them in various calibers. I have a M-12 380ACP version....

my380m12.jpg

macs

i had one of the 9-11 once upon a time and the hammer broke on at least 2 occasions. i also had one of the ingram closed bolt 45s-until i sold it they had it more than i did-it was a piece of junk and required a trip back to the factory after each shooting session....also remember that the 9-11 plastic mags would not stay the course-they split up the back. if you want high capacity pistol-buy a glock 40 and get a 30 round mag..Just my 2 cents worth..Dick

Ive got a Cobray 9mm (bought as leiland pm11, but replaced all tiwanese parts with original cobray). Its a reall sweet package for pure fun. Id prefer a diff. piece for any use other than plinking, but so far their has been 0 jams, and its fairly accurate.

I went to LV and rented the mac10 auto...and it was the most fun ive ever had, next to the Thompson .45. Then the Uzi was next most fun, and last on the list, the auto m16 'junker' which had the worst trigger feedback and control.

:D I'm sorry, but everytime I hear about a mac 10, I can't help but think of that cheezy B movie "Night of the Comet." You know, the one where they kill all the zombies in the mall. "A Mac 10?! Daddy would have gotten us Uzi's!"

I'll go away now...

A friend has one of the early open-bolt Ingram 9mm's. Incredibly inaccurate, as with each pull of the trigger, the (heavy) bolt slaps forward and chambers a round before it fires. Mechanically induced flinch. :barf:

I assume it was better as an MG . . .

Back