New M-P mold 359640 HP

Vance

I got a new mold today. It is a brass 4 cavity with the penta pins, normal round pins and I got plug pins to cast solid flat nose. I have only cast the solid point so far. I like it. Using what's left of my range lead.

Attachments

• DSCN0014.JPG
    DSCN0014.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 58
Here is a picture of one that has been sized and lubed. This dropped at .359. I sized down to .358. Lube is White Label Lube BAC. The bullet drops at 165 grains. Forgot to weigh it after adding the lube.

Attachments

• DSCN0018.JPG
    DSCN0018.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 41
I have a hard time understanding why to spend the extra money for a cramer type hollow point mold, then make solids!?¿

I have 3 now, the only one that has made solids is the 700 gr. grand canyon 50 cal. for the 500 S&W, the solid is actually 700 grains! The other 2 have only made H-P boolits, the 45 200, the 44 430640.

The fourth M-P mold is the 200 SWC H-G 68 copy. It is being made as a H-P design as well, but already having a 200 H-P I decided to stick with a solid.

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

I bought this mold because it was brass, high quality and I like it. And I have the options to cast hollow points or not if I choose.

I could take a better picture, but I haven't figured out how to make a small sized high quality picture that is under the limits put on me by this forum.

photobucket is allowed. That's where all of mine are hosted.

(but you gotta be careful you don't move them to a different folder in photobucket after you link to it.) I've messed up a few threads when I forgot I had linked to some and "organized" my pictures later.

I was trying to upload the pictures directly to the Firingline. They only allow 200kb's? Photobucket seems to size them down enough to post them as image code.

Your bullets should look like this when done. I have both penta and round hp cavities.

Attachments

• DSCN0260.JPG
    DSCN0260.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0259.JPG
    DSCN0259.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 27
Back