New Lyman Mag 25 furnace

Old 454

Have any of you experienced problems with pluging it in. I just got this yesterday and when i plug it in it trips my GFI in my garage. I replaced the GFI but still same problem even with the lyman mag 25 the only thing pluged in.i test my lee 4-20 pot no problems GFI doesnt trip
. Anyone have any suggestions ??

Well i just tryed to plug it in where i have a high amp treadmill pluged in with a GFI
The GFI on that to popped when i plugged in the lyman 25... might have to send it back

Don't give up on it just yet...try a non-GFI outlet, if there's issues with the melting pot, a circuit breaker will surely let you know.

New Pro Melts will often trip the GFI for the first 2-3 times they are brought up to full heat. 'Something to do with the oil in the insulation on the elements.... not sure. But usually you'll have to run it on a non-gfi plug for the first few uses. Perhaps the Mag 25 is the same way. Try bringing it up to full heat on a non-gfi outlet for a few times and see if it stops tripping the gfi then.
'Just a suggestion.

I got a Mag 25 new in the box, but I won't be able to tell ya how it functions til I get my leg working again. Hopefully in a month or so.

Ok i will try that.
My garage electric line is 20 amp so it should not be a problem.

The problem is as soon as i plug it in it trips the GFI so it dont even get a chance to heat up. Literally plug it in and trips the GFI. But i am goingbto change out that GFI in my garage to a standred outlet. I just hope i dont burn the garage down lol

Just hang close to it. At the risk of redundancy, I will say: I would never abandon a lead pot in operation, no matter how many times it had performed flawlessly in the past. ;)

Hopefully it will settle in and work on your GFI plugs after a few cycles.

Last edited:
Its Alive !!!! Lol... i got rid of the GFI outlet and install a regular 20 amp outlet.

I am back un buisness !!!!

Nope put it away incase its needed somewhere else.

I kept feeling the walls and the new out let to make sure no overheating lol.... its all good

Thank you all for all the sugestions and help.

I will say that once all the preservation oil burned off i filled ir with lead... set the temp at 700 deg. And it pretty much stayed there 699-701.... this is a really nice furnace

Back