• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

new look?

fisherman66

Is it just me, or is there an ever so slightly different look to the forum? I can't even say what it is, but it just looks different.

You are correct. The most noticeable change is the missing horizontal line in the links header (in between Forum Rules and User CP).

You'll also notice a "Tags" window at the bottom of each thread page. This allows the OP to assign up to five keywords to the thread for ease of searching. Subsequent posters to the thread can add tags too.

The jury is still out as to whether or not this feechur is worth keeping. The new software has some technical interface issues as well. Staff is having to adjust to a lot more changes than the average bear.

Well, since I'm so observant I think I should have all my votes count twice on any poll.

Can you tweak the software to do that???

New Features on TFL???

When I logged in today it somehow kicked me over to my user CP. The format was a bit different and I happened to see other little items that I may have missed all this time:

There's a "friends" list, "tags" at the bottom of some pages and "edit tags".

While I find this as a welcome to some minor changes, I'm REALLY computer illiterate and wanted some input.

What good is the friends list? I ask not to think it's useless. I'm asking HOW others use it so that I may take advantage of it.

Also, the "tags" and "edit tags"....how can I make use of them?

And another thing....who all likes the "new" format?

There is a section for both "tags" and "friends" in the FAQ, which you can find from the menu bar.

Board FAQ -> General Forum Usage
contains a section on tags

Board FAQ -> User Profile Features
contains a section on friends

By the way, if either or both confuse you horribly, don't use them and don't worry about them.

By the way, if either or both confuse you horribly, don't use them and don't worry about them.

First, I didn't know that my thread got merged, so the desired answers may not be the same as mine. Actually, I think I made my point VERY clear.

What pisses me off is, a Staff member no less, makes a consescending remark such as this. If you're really so inclined to even think to make this statement, how about talking to the fellow staff members to consider not even having this feature on the site if you're not patient enough to educate a member on how to use them?

The jury is still out as to whether or not this feechur is worth keeping. The new software has some technical interface issues as well. Staff is having to adjust to a lot more changes than the average bear.

It isn't if the above said will happen in the future...

Back