'New' loaded Springfields

BK-BHP/1911

Has any one seen any of the new loaded springfields? I saw the ads on their website and noted that tritiums and carry bevel dehorning were available. I have gotten my dealer to check on prices for me and to see if the dehorning is now standard or an extra. there is also a model listed as having nightsights and a parkerized finish for a price similar to the base loaded models.

I have one, its a good gun. I just had a little problem with the magazines that came with it, wouldn't feed right. I had to dremel the little bump on the plate, after that it fed fine.

Dispite the ILS

These NEW pistols look danged good. Dovetailed front sight instead of pinned... all the corners broken...
I suspect if they are doing that they mey have smoothed the slide rails too.

Crap...
Now I am going to have to go get my hands on one! :mad:

I have a V12 model, my first and only .45. Now I cn see why there is such a love affair with the 1911 varints. Nice looking and highly accurate gun.

I have a new "loaded" springfield, and if they smoothed the edges ya wouldn't know it. I have a Kimber Classic target that beats it tohell and back for sharpe edges. Also my Kimber shoots to point of aim with various levels of reloads (when I started to reload for it, I started at the standard 10% less then max powder charge). The springfield started out 6" low at 25 yrds, then 4" low then 2" low then at point of aim with max powder charge. I'm told this is a matter of abrrel lock-up (quality fitting)

I think BK-BHP is asking about "Custom Loaded" guns. Seems they got everything that Kimber does and more. Let's see what the price is going to be when they hit the street.

My gripe with now standard "Loaded" guns is two piece bbl that just doesn't seem to be as accurate as competition's stuff. Or maybe it's not fitted as well. Also it seems like once the gun was fitted, a disgruntled employee (or a Kimber covert guy) snuck in the night before the finish was applied and sharpened all the edges on several batches of guns.

This pisses me off to no end. I just bought one of the "old" ones a month or two ago. Some of this stuff like the dovetailed front sight is something I was winning about in the store while I was buying it.

Hey, all ya'll that already got one of the "new" models what did it cost over the "old" model? None of the stores I've checked in west GA have a new one in stock yet.

A good smith can dove tail your front sight for just a few bucks, and while he has it - have him polish the rails and trigger.
Makes your gun so sweet. You'll be quite pleased with you Springfield then!

George:
I realize that, I just wish I would have known they were going to come out with this new model ahead of time. I wanted a Stainless full sized, but settled for the blue because they were blowing them out really cheap. Now I know why. FYI, I am not really very happy with my Springfield. The out of the box accuracy left a lot to be desired. I had a Bar-Sto barrel installed which improved it 100%, but it still doesn't shoot like my out of the box colt. The slide is so tight that I have to use significant force to get it off the frame. I have the finish worn at two spots on the rails where it is obvious that the rails are higher. I guess it is going to be another project gun.

Thanks for all the replies. I am referring to the 'new' guns listed in the 2001 catalog. They supposedly have the dehorning job as well as the dovetailed frontsight and the integral locking system as well. Only one of the models listed in the 'Loaded' section sports tritiums. I did want to get a stainless and then modify it but my dealer told me it would be a 6 month wait. So I decided to probably go with the parkerized gun with nightsights since it will save me the cost of retrofitting tritiums. Parkerizing isn't too bad, it scratches but even my custom BHP with Black T has holster wear.

To answer one replier I'm not Bill but I do agree they are 2 great guns. I have been a casual shooter for years and have recently decided to really improve my skill through hard practice. I decided to stick to only these two guns as they are both single action and manual of arms is almost identical. I used to shoot DA but I have since been enlightened to the advantages of Cocked and Locked.

Back