New Laws Are Needed!!!

HankL

You kind folks wouldn't let your kid take their bike out much less a gun unless they knew exactly what they were doing with it and well versed in it's use. This afternoon, I was behind a "Shopping BIT@H" in a GMC Denali that didn't have a clue. She was stuck in the left lane doing 45 mph on an Interstate and did not have a clue! She graduated frome her "rice rocket" Tercel to this fairly large hunk of iron.
Now we should start talking about laws.
I had to have some paper in my pocket to leagally drive my company's 22 wheel low boy on the few occasions I needed to take it out on the road. Why should't these shopping women in ther urban assault vehicles stand up to the same standards!
ROADRAGE MINDSET OFF! Hank , And have a nice weekend! BTW I hope that you guy's know a little steam is being vented here

Hank,
I've been turning wrenches most of my life and still don't understand the fasination with SUVs. There are a few people out there who accually have a legitate use for these things, but the truth is that 90% of them will never see a gravel road, much less go off road. Every "soccer mom" in the world wants one. Yet, they're scared to drive a big 'ol truck. Give me a good old fashioned country girl who'll jump in a 3/4 ton crew cab 4X4 and take it places that would give the soccer moms a heart attack.

BTW: If you ever saw a SUV the way I have, from the inside out, you'd think a better name for most of them would be SUK. ;)

Well, this reminds me of one of my college buddies I'm long overdue to look up. She was from SoCal, and liked to drive a Deuce-and-a-Half named...something or other.

She was fond of desert outings to blast with various items of bullet-launching hardware. She was with a few of us two or three times for night shoots up secluded and secure canyons.

Short winter days plus done with the studies at 8:30 p.m. plus a few other bored shooters at college equals some pretty good times!

And I did those narrow dirt roads and occasional snow with a front wheel drive mini-wagon.

Soccer moms drive SUV's because they feel safe in them. All that metal will protect them if they have an accident. ( This came from several who have told me so).

I hav also had at least one tell me that she will not take her SUV into the local K Mart parking lot because she cannot park it, is afraid she will hit someone!

Living here in Soccer Mom heaven (Long Island) is a real trip. Every day on the road is an adventure! I get rear ended at least once a year, have never been charged or had to pay out, always the other drivers fault.

Eventually we will all be driving around in big metal boxes bouncing off each other like bumper cars.

What does this have to do with firearms?

K80 please lighten up. I was just trying to start a thought process about how upfecdk our laws are becoming. The girl in the Denali was scared to death! No mirrors adjusted or a thought to look into them! She was screwed ok? We are talking about I-55 at quitting time. Don't give your "family member" control of anything unless they fully understand everything about it. BTW don't take control of something before you have a good handle on it yourself! Just My Plain Old HOppinion!
Hank

Back