New Kimber K6XS

They are sweet !!!!

The only thing I don't like about my K6S is the weight.
Finally find something that someone doesn't care for, on these beauties. Folks, if you get a chance, handle one of these. There is just so much that they have going for them. Unlikely that I will buy another revolver; that is, perhaps until they come out with a variant. ...... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Here's my review of it.
https://youtu.be/ny1BQZ9_MsY

The cylinder is a little shorter and the frame is a little shorter to match. It may depend on the type of holster you're using if it will have slop or not. If it's leather then probably not, if it's kydex and locking into the trigger guard maybe a tad.

I’m S&W guy, but only keep older model blue guns. I wouldn’t buy a new S&W or Colt. That only leaves Ruger which I not wild about either so that Kimber is probably the best man left standing. I have never shot a Kimber but have handled several and fit and function puts it above the others.

No argument from me on the looks but I don't look at mine very much. It's always there in my pocket and when it comes out for bed time it stays in it's pocket holster.

The K frame wasn't designed for CC and doesn't fit most pockets, even if it did it would be too heavy.

I'm very different from you, then.

Not only do my firearms have to be functional, they have to both look right AND look good.
I'm actually of the same mind as you with regard to the looks of a firearm...which is why I've never owned a Glock or an AK :p. And I've always found any DAO revolver to be fugly.

With regard to the Kimber revolvers, I feel that they're all too big and heavy for pocket carry anyway (for me, at least), so I wanted one for IWB carry. That said, I actually like the looks of the DASA versions, so that's what I ended up with, and I couldn't be happier.

full

Frank

I actually think that the Kimber revolver is a good looking gun. Not in the sense of Classical beauty like a Smith J frame, but in a modern sense of aesthetics.Nice clean lines, balanced proportions, well machined.
And of course, since I have a Bachelor's degree in fine arts, no one can question my tastes!:D

Back