New Kel Tec p17, competing with Phoenix Arms 22lr

9mm

Just saw the details for the P17, comes with 3 extra magazines all for $175. I'm assuming it's all polymer to keep costs down and compete with the Hp22a. I was tempted to pick up a hp22a but after seeing this with 3 magazines just a bit more I'm going hold off.

I'm very, very interested. If the quality is there (always the key question for KT), this could be what I've been wishing for, for years.

They appear to have put emphasis on trigger and sights, and figured out the perfect size. If it has broad-spectrum reliability, it will be a triumph. I'll likely buy one on principle alone.

If I hear about zinc parts, though, it's a deal-breaker.

I am going to purchase the Keltec as well. However, would never give up my two Phoenix. I use the Phoenix as a trainer for small barrel, small pocket gun training with Point and shoot. Basically as a supplement to the high cost of 380 ammo. I also train with the SR22 and Bersa Thunder. I just view them all in separate classes.
I have not seen the Keltec for sale yet. If you get one, would love a review after shooting.
One other gun besides the Phoenix I absolute love to shoot is the Ruger LCR22. It has been a tremendous aid for shooting my other snubbies.:)

I will be getting one due to the threaded barrel, I mean there is a lot of bang for your buck here and the price will be hard to beat. I look forward to getting some trigger time with it and seeing how it does, as long as it will run good with regular cheap ammo I will be happy. I believe they will be available around Dec 2019 last I read.

Thanks for the advice.
@Carl the Floor Walker
Do you recommend the HP22a? All the reviews I seen said it's worth $125. I have also had the thunder 22lr on my wish list, for $100 more I could get that and last longer...

They seem to think Nov/Dec will be in the stores (Gun Stores) I am going to get one for sure. Talked to the guy I always chat to in the factory! He said no light primer hits, no failure to fire.

I e-mailed Kel-tec a few days ago and got an answer back as some time in November which correlates with what some of you have said.

I'd be happy to buy one.

Thanks for the advice.
@Carl the Floor Walker
Do you recommend the HP22a? All the reviews I seen said it's worth $125. I have also had the thunder 22lr on my wish list, for $100 more I could get that and last longer...
If you get the thunder let me know. I love the way the gun feels in my hand and a real fun shooter. But for years, it was plagued with failures. I tried every thing to get it to work. It did not do too bad with CCI and Remington Goldens. Drove me crazy, because I really wanted it to work well.
Finally, one day, cut about 4 coils off the recoil spring and the gun just came alive. Before it would only shoot Hi Velocity ammo, now shootsjust about anything. Still get a few failures but nothing that is of concern or bothers me.

Very interesting. This is the first I've heard of this.

I love Kel-tec. They have some really cool and unique products. Always filling a niche.

I will be getting one due to the threaded barrel, I mean there is a lot of bang for your buck here
Yeah, looks like it could be a nice suppressor host. Doesn't look like a lot of thread exposed though. Is this thing suppressor ready or is it threaded just for some other kind of muzzle device (can't think of what though)?

Also, I see some screws on top. Is it optics ready too?

Back