New Josey Wales pistol

Beagle333

Got my new Josey Wales 1861 today from Traditions. I like it! The colors are nice, the wood fit is the best I have seen and the action seems very smooth and timed right.
I think it's a shooter, right out of the box. :) They had them on sale last week for $338 and I couldn't resist.

3-11-2016%20004_zpsgj3wr0jo.jpg

3-11-2016%20003_zpse9pvcxu2.jpg

3-11-2016%20008_zps6qvgus1i.jpg

It is a Pietta. It came directly from Traditions website, in the "specials" section. It isn't listed in that section anymore, as that was the last one.

Really nice and no Pietta tail on the grips! I did a quick web search and couldn't find anyone else selling that particular pistol. I'll keep looking.

In the book, which was originally named "Gone to Texas," Josey carried a Navy in his shoulder holster where in the movie he carried an 1849 Pocket.

I got a mold on the way. I got at least a dozen .44s but never had a .36 before. :cool: The salesman said I would get the pistol by end of next week, so I thought the mold would beat it here, but the pistol got here in 3 days.

I ordered .380, just to be sure. It'll shave em down and I'll see what it likes. I'd rather be too big than too small. ;)

My powder is supposed to be here Tuesday. They don't sell real BP around here anywhere, so I had to order some 3F and 4F. I needed some real powder because I also picked up a Renegade Flinter in .54 cal. Unfired and still new-old-stock in the box. I have a lot of Pyrodex but I didn't have any way to light it.

renegade3_zpsgc4vdbnw.jpg

(yes, the barrel was off in this pic)

Last edited:
Back