New Jersey legal magazine question.

jkkimberfan

Magazines for AR15 rifles are restricted to 15 rounds, hence the 10 round magazines are used in New Jersey. I only own 10 round magazines (since I am a law abiding citizen). Question: Is it ILLEGAL to purchase and/or possess a 30 round magazine? Can a NJ resident own or possess an empty 30 round magazine(s) and store at home and not use? What if I wanted to use the 30 round magazines in another state which does not ban them? Or are they 100% illegal in NJ no ifs and/or butts?

Hey there, JK. I do believe that possession is illegal. But then again, what are the odds that they'll be searching your sock drawer:)

According to my understanding from a fellow club member and NJ State Police Firearms Instructor, any mag, regardless of age and weapon type, over 15 rounds capacity, is illegal to possess in NJ. So, no 20 or 30 round AR mags for us, friend.

I had ten 30 round steel mags from my days in The Corps many years ago, just languishing in a box among boxes in the cellar. Once I got back into shooting, they took a trip to a friend in FL. I don't agree with the laws here but abide by them.

Back