New Ithaca Arrives...........

Frenchy

Just received my new Ultra Featherlight Mdl. 37 20ga. From the factory today. Talk about a sweetheart Upland gun. 24 in. barrel and a 5 pound total weight. This is going to be one quick Quail popper. It comes with 3 choke tubes and is chambered for both 2 3/4 and 3 in. shells.
It's been about 23 years since Ithaca has produced this aluminum receiver beauty, but the wait was worth it. this was 1 of 200 with my number being 47.
I plan on popping some clays tomorrow, and Dove's this weekend!

------------------
Donnez-moi la liberté, ou donnez-moi la mort!

Pop a few for me, there, Frenchy. Going Trap shooting with my Ithaca 37 12 GA Magnum next week. Never shot skeet with an ithaca Before... always my old Remington 1100. My father 'borrowed' it about a decade ago??? Haven't seen it in a while.

How'd they do the finish the receiver? Does it match the bluing well? Post pictures?

------------------
God made us in his own image.
Thomas Jefferson made us free.
John Browning made us equal.

Without Browning, we might not know about the other two...

The receiver has more of a matt finish, which is what I expected, but the color match is right on. It also has the traditional "Ducks and marsh" roll engraved on each side of the receiver. The walnut stock has more figure than I thought it would which is a nice surprise. It has a pewter disk inlaid into the grip cap of the "37 and feather" rendered by Sid Bell. All in all, a very nice example of Ithaca's artistry.

Sounds like oneheckuva quail gun to me, Frenchy. Let us know how it does,OK?

Kinda nice to know an American gun company is not compromising quality for the bottom line....

5 pounds! That does sound great. Sounds like something you could walk behind a dog all day with. Is anything other than the receiver different than the regular 37?

The forcing cone has been lengthened to help reduce recoil and to lessen pellet deformation. Other than that, it's the same old 37!

Back