New hot platform for Precision Rifle Shooters: 7.6 Creedmoor

Rachen

The announcement has just been recently released on Accurate Shooter's Daily Bulletin that they have partnered with experts from the Precision Rifle world to build a groundbreaking new cartridge to expand on the already popular 6.5 Creedmoor, which has a large and devoted follower base.

The new 7.6 Creedmoor is based almost entirely on the time-proven and time tested .308 Winchester cartridge. As a matter of fact, shooters who use platforms chambered in .308 / 7.62x51 can also shoot 7.6 Creedmoor without ANY modifications on their rigs.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2019/04/the-new-7-6-creedmoor-best-30-cal-cartridge-ever/

Some highlights from the source:

----------

In creating the new 7.6 Creedmoor, the product engineers were primarily concerned with accuracy, reliablity, and compatibility. In a brilliant marketing stroke, the 7.6 Creedmoor’s designers crafted this cartridge to be 100% compatible with existing .308 Winchester and 7.62×51 rifles. So you can shoot the 7.6 Creedmoor safely in your existing .308 Win deer rifle or F-TR rig. As one ammo-maker’s marketing manager told us: “The 7.6 Creedmoor gives you everything you liked about the .308 Win, with a trendy name and the undeniable Creedmoor cachet. The 6.5 Creedmoor has become hugely popular. We expect the new 7.6 Creedmoor to do as well, or better!”

----------

We discussed the new 7.6 Creedmoor with Dennis DeRille, one of the “founding fathers” of the 6.5 Creedmoor. Dennis said — “The Creedmoor name is synonymous with innovation and tactical success. This new 7.6 should live up to its name as it delivers .308 Win performance in a package for the 21st Century.”

----------

Another great feature of the new 7.6 Creedmoor is that you can use existing .308 Win dies and reloading components. That excited one PRS shooter: “I had all this old .308 brass and .30-Cal bullets sitting around. When I heard about the 7.6 Creedmoor I said ‘Wow this is great, I can use this stuff in a Creedmoor now’. I know it will be accurate based on the name alone. That’s cool — tacticool!”

----------

If only they had released it earlier. I would have loved to see it on display at Shot Show 2019.

Earlier today, I had sat down with a bunch of long-time smallbore accuracy shooters and decided that we can also greatly enhance the smallbore world by introducing the 5.5 Creedmoor. It will be flat shooting, almost with laser like precision within 600 yards, propelling 62-grain bullets at a velocity of 3,100 FPS. And what would be even more groundbreaking, is that the new 5.5 Creedmoor can be safely used in ALL AR platforms and other rifles chambered in .223 / 5.56x45.

Last edited:
Didn't go and research the details here but even more interesting for me is if there are really prospects of running the 7.6 Creedmoor in AR10 platforms.

Didn't go and research the details here but even more interesting for me is if there are really prospects of running the 7.6 Creedmoor in AR10 platforms.

Of course there are. The 7.6 Creedmoor is built to be completely and fully identical to the .308 cartridge. Any platform chambered in .308 / 7.62 would be able to use the 7.6 Cdm without any modifications. ;)

Of course there are. The 7.6 Creedmoor is built to be completely and fully identical to the .308 cartridge. Any platform chambered in .308 / 7.62 would be able to use the 7.6 Cdm without any modifications. ;)
Haha yep I was thinking about it later and went and actually read, the ballistics charts looked awful similar - yep April 1 :)

Back