New Hope from Kahr

Onslaught

I had to send my Kahr P9 back to the shop for some light strike problems(that's another thread) :( . Kahr does have EXCELLENT customer service, e-mail or phone. I talked directly with Dave, the Production manager, and he vowed to fix it himself. They sent out a call tag on Monday, and UPS came RIGHT to my door and picked up the pistol FREE OF COST to me. :D

Anyway, in my letter to Dave explaining exactly what was happening, I closed with something like "sure would love to add an MP9 to my collection".

A few days later, I received a post-card from Kahr, saying that my pistol had been received and would be returned after repairs and testing. At the bottom of that postcard was a hand-written note that read...
"Steve, I assure you that the MP9 will be a reality soon :) ".

I just thought I'd share the good news.

I emailed Kahr the other day about my P9.

The mag release seems a little "mushy". It`s not a nice positive snap like my steel frame guns. I have to reposition my thumb sometimes to get the mag to release. I think it could be longer but I didn`t mention this. I know, clear as mud. Anyway, I got an email back and all it said was "We are always looking to improve or product and your suggestion???? (italics mine) will be taken under consideration." A nice non committal form email which kind of surprised me.

Have you noticed this with yours?
P.S. I didn`t notice this until after I put 300 rounds through the gun. I did mention to them that otherwise I was impressed and was interested in an M series.

Ever since I gave my G26 to a Glockless...

..relative, I've wanted another 9MM. This IS good news! Should be just about perfect! MP9! Only one bad thing--I hate to wait. Onslaught, you're completely sure about this, aren't you?
Ah, well...the wait begins.

Kentucky Rifle

I have an MK9, and see no reason to get an MP9, as the weight does not bother me at all. The heavier recoil with a lighter MP9 might bother me, though, so I'll stick with the MK9.

Lucky...

I thought about the weight problem too. However, the recoil from my G27 doesn't bother me and the recoil from the G26 (9MM) that I gave away certainly didn't bother me, so I'm not worried. A small, light 9MM like an MP9 will be just the ticket for a new nine.

IMHO,
Kentcky Rifle

An MP9 is what we all assume that Kahr would call a polymer version of the MK9, since the larger all steel version is the K9, and the larger polymer version is the P9...

The P9 has very little extra recoil over the MK9, so I don't imagine the MP9 would be too much to handle... an MK40, probably...

The weight annoyance level of the MK9 is borderline for me, but I would definitely prefer the polymer Micro Kahr's weight. The P9 is 16.6 oz, so I'm thinking the MP9 should lose at least 2 oz... compared to 24oz on the MK9...

Back