New HK today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean2001

I just traded my Sig P220 for a new HK USP .45, and I don't regret it at all. People were telling me not to tade down, that Sigs are that much better, well I find the opposite. The HK feel better and points better for me. The Sig was rusting, the HK shouldn't rust if I take care of it. The Sig holds 7 rounds the HK holds 10. And the HK has a better trigger, everyone says the Sig has a better trigger but thats not true. Well I'm going shooting tomorrow, I'll post after and let you all know how it grouped for me.

From one USP45 owner to another - withhold comments on the trigger until you actually put some lead downrange. That smooth Sig DA pull is very hard to top.

Also, FYI, the USP45 holds *12+1* in it's intended configuration. One of the first things you should do is take care of the billybob mag issue and find yourself at least one hi-cap. Your HK will love you for it. (hint: KYImports)

Welcome to the club, and enjoy your new weapon. 'In a world of compromise,...' and all that.

Greetings again Sean; Hate to hear that you
got rid of a perfectly good Sig; for an H&K.
I own both, a P220A and a H&K USP (full size)
both in .45ACP. I can tell you this much; the
H&K is more prone to rust than the Sig, so
keep a close eye on it !!! In the end, I guess if you are satisfied with the trade; then we are too !!! Best wishes,

------------------
Ala Dan

Surely, the Gun Shop Guy will mail you a thank you note and christmas card on his way to make his bank deposits.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

Sean:

My last post was out of line and quite frankly, your decison is none of my business. I have been taken more than once at a Gun Shop due to my own actions and I don't want you to ever go through the same thing. The HK is a good weapon and you will be well armed.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

While I agree with you that the HK is a far superior gun, I will have to disagree about the HK's trigger being smoother. The DA on most Sigs is pure heaven! I also think the 220 is king in the accuracy department.

I don't dislike Sigs, it's just the whole polymer toughness, non-rusting finish and high capacity quality of the HK. Believe you me, if I could get my hands on a NIB 228 with hi-caps *at a reasonable price*, I would jump on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back