New High tech finish for an old warrior

bullfrog99

I like the concept of the Gibbs quest extreme, but looking at the guns makes me cringe. the nickel finish is so poorly done, it could be flaked off in some spots with a fingernail. I decided to take my favorite jungle carbine(non original) and give it a modern coating of something that will resist corrosion and increase the slickness of the action. i'm thinking hard chrome , teflon Or NP3, however i'm fairly ignorant to the vices and advantages of any finish, and therfore ask your opinion, what finish do you think i need and can someone give me references to smiths that know how to do them.

Bullfrog, of the 3 you mentioned teflon would be the cheapest and NP3 the best. Hard chrome would work well but I think the NP3 finish is the best on the market. George

Bullfrog99,

Take a look at Mac's Shooting Iron Restorations.

www.shootiniron.com

Mac is a great guy and he does some really nice work. And he is not that expensive. I have had a few rifles and a 1911 done by him and wasvery pleased. Drop him an email or call with your questions. Just one warning, once you get him jawing, you may never get him shut up.

Just because everyone else does this, I have no finacial interests in this company. I am just a please customer.

Mac's is nice, but it is basically a paint on finish....it will wear and show holster use quickly...hard chrome is the best for wear and looks IMHO....I held an NP3 and it did feel a little too slick...it also costs more than hard chrome....for finish questions go to www.parkcitiestactical.com cult of P7....many P7 owners did hard chrome and you could search them out and see the finish...tripp and ford do great work......ford is cheaper, about 130 for gun and mag......tripp is about 175.....take a look

Back