New here, thought I'd say 'Hi!'

Tinker Pearce

This site kept coming up on my web searches, and answered a lot of questions so I thought I'd sign up.

Been into handguns pretty much my whole life, starting with cap-and-ball revolvers. Shot IPSC in the eighties, was a small-town police officer for a bit and eventually settled into being a full-time knife and sword maker. I like pretty much all handguns, but in recent years have tended to be more about revolvers.

A few years back I got into amateur gunsmithing as a hobby, and have made several single-shot handguns, a rifle and done a lot of modifying guns to suit me. I've also managed to acquire quite a collection of antique revolvers, mostly nothing fancy but fun. I shoot 'em all; to me that's what a gun is for. No offense if you are a dedicated collector who doesn't; that's just a different hobby than mine.

I've done a fair number of C&B cartridge conversions, done a couple wildcat cartridges, custom grips, modified guns- I've got a pretty decent workshop, so why not?

Of my different revolvers I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite, but if I did it might be this one- a custom S&W .38 Safety Hammerless with Desert Ironwood grips.
oCvIdTP.jpg

Hi Michael. I think you will find that 95% of the people posting here post on the High Road forum too so we know who you are already. I am surprised you haven't been posting here before now.

Howdy

Nice job.

What does that puppy look like from the rear?

Did you cut the grips so the grip safety is accessible?

Or maybe you removed the grip safety?

Howdy

Nice job.

What does that puppy look like from the rear?

Did you cut the grips so the grip safety is accessible?

Or maybe you removed the grip safety?

I haven't got a photo from the rear, but the grip follows the rear contour of the frame and the grip safety is exposed. You can see it in this photo-
j3NprCu.jpg

That is one AWESOME looking Lemon Squeezer!
Welcome to TFL. I'm sure you are going to add a lot of interesting, and useful information.

If you don't post over on THR...

This guy, this guy...

...has had some kind of insane (yet practical) project every couple days. Except, he makes it look good, and then it's not even really that wacky, probably more of a good idea really, and then you kind of want one too.

Welcome!

Back