New Handcannon!

Cris

I broke down and ordered my new handcannon. Where in the past, I have shot mainly large caliber handguns in either a Contender or the newer Encore, I decided I couldn't live without a FA .475 Linebaugh. It is scheduled to arrive mid-spring, so now I am searching for reloading components, mainly bullets. I would like to be ready to shoot when it arrives, so please advise me on some of the best places to purchase bullets. I live in north Texas, so any purchases made over the web will have to take shipping into consideration. Thanks in advance of the help.

Dang. For the past week I've been seriously thinking about the .475LB myself. Even called up Champion Shooters to see if they had one in stock (no) for the advertised $1740. I'm heading out today to see if one of FA's stocking dealers has one in stock. (Dick's Gun Roon in Cuyahoga Falls, OH).

If you don't mind me asking, how much and where did you order yours from? I understand FA is 4-6 months out for delivering the goods.

RCBS for .475 carbide dies. Numerous bullet makes and weights to choose from. Buffalo Bore and Hornady for loaded ammo. Not sure if any of the major makers make the .475LB. I know Winchester makes the .454C. All of these can be had through Cabela's Shooting Catalog.

I am an FFL holder so my order went directly to Freedom Arms. There is ~ a 4-6 month wait but I got what I wanted, light trigger and tuned action, which would have been probably impossible from a stocking wholesaler. If you know an FFL holder in your neck of the woods, I think RSR Wholsale has a .475 Linebaugh in stock and you might work out some sort of a deal or they could order you one direcly from the factory if you don't mind the wait.

If you just can't wait...

...to measure out some loads for the beast, Buffalo Bore will be happy to set you up with pre-loaded ammo until you have the requisite components stocked in.

Of course, .480 Ruger will also serve in a pinch as a sort of ".475 Linebaugh Special", if you will. ;)

.475 Linebaugh FA F/S-

One went up F/S this morning on the sixgunner message board!
BTW, Hornady has the .475 Linebaugh ammo now in stock for about half of the Buffalo Bore!

Checked out hte stocking dealer and they didn't have a .475LB. Didn't bother to ask pricing for one from the factory as it was crowded in there.

I also went to my local dealer for pricing. He didn't have the .475LB listed on his database but gave me a general price range using the .454C. Should be pretty close in price if not identical but he'll call them up to make sure. I think I'll beordering one. I would really like the octaganol barrel, but when I priced that out straight from FA a few months ago, the lady quoted $900+. I had thought it was above the price of the gun but now I'm not sure as checking around for 7.5" octagonal Premiers was well below what an 83 + $900 would cost. (Still a bit leary about buying big ticket items over the internet.) I'm thinking now that maybe that was the price for converting from round to octagonal would be.

.475LB from BB via Cabela's is $110/50.:( (As per the printed catalog.) Hornady is $21/20.

Ron- .475 Linebaugh

Ron, the dealer on sixgunner that has the .475 F/S is Mike Fletcher, I bought a 97 fromhim some months ago and was very satisfied!
He's a stocking FA dealer and a personal friend of Bob Baker (owner of FA) if ya wanna give him a call for references.

hksigwalther,

You have mail.

And the octagon option should be around $455 if you decide to order the gun and wait.

JB

Thanks for the email JB. Unfotunately, I will not be able to read or reply to it until Jan 1 as I'm at my parents house and using their computer and internet account for Christmas break.

hksigwalther,

Contact Tim Shirley (Grady's Great Outdoors) at 864-225-5283, they have one new FA Premier Grade .475 7.5" in stock. They will be open the 26th.

JB

Thanks JB. I'll give them a call and compare with my local dealer. Due to unexpected Christmas expenditures, the octagonal, even at $455 looks to be out of the question. Unless.....I go with buying from the factory (20% down payment/80% upon delivery) which will give me 4-6 months to recover financially.

864-225-5283

Got a 'Number Has Been Disconnected' message on that one.

Went to Grady's website and its 226-XXXX.

Also went to my local dealer and got a slightly lower quote and, due to my lack of control, ordered the octagonal option (50% down on this special order). 6-7 months from now, it should be in (the barrel adds a couple of months to the wait for whatever reason).

Sorry about that :) I been doing business with them for 35 years and ought to know the phone number. My next FA will be wearing an octagonal barrel also. I'm hoping that the .22 on the 97 frame will be available next year. Good luck with your gun, you will be spoiled ;)

Back