New H&K policy

So H&K will no longer sell in Africa, etc. All that means is that Russia, China, and their allies will increase arms shipments to take up the slack with absolutely no controls at all except cash on the table. I wonder who the anti-gun guys are really working for?

Jim

I have a hard time believing that H&K actually had any kind of a decent market share in "crisis regions" in the first place.

This sounds like Cadillac making a big announcement that they're going to suspend all sales to North Korea... :rolleyes:

South-Sudan-man-HK-G3-rifle-by-Steve-Evans-9-May-2011-CC2-800px.jpg

HK G3 rifles are very popular in some rough parts of the world.

It's not going to hurt HK's purse to stop selling arms to particular areas. They can still sell to other first world nations who will in turn sell arms to conflict areas.

The right people will keep making money. Don't worry about that.

Yes, when I first saw the article it seemed like a symbolic act more than anything else. It did strike me sort of strange that a German company would include Israel as one of the countries they will not sell to.

Somehow I doubt that guy is an H&K customer.

It would be interesting to trace the provenance of that rifle. Even assuming it's not a CETME or a Pakistani knockoff, I'll bet it wasn't purchased from H&K in the country where that picture was taken and maybe not even by anyone who has ever lived or been in the country in question.

Back