New guy with an issue with my new rig

jjones0927

Inactive
I am new to the long range gig and just recently finished my first long range build. Remington 700 with a shilen barrel, bedding block stock, and vortex scope.

This morning I went to the range and zeroed it at 100 yards, well my scope is in about the top 3/4 of elevation adjustment, I'm concerned that it will hinder my long range shooting. When a lot of adjustment is needed. I assumed with a 20 moa mount that it would have been in the bottom 3/4 of adjustment. Any ideas what this could be?

There are those that have very cleaver ways of drilling the receiver for scope mounts. rather than add holes I have had to become cleaver with scope mounts. I will assume your Remington came drilled and tapped, I will assume the person that drilled and tapped the holes knew what they were doing.

The last time I saw a scope mount similar to the on the link was on a rifle that was shooting 4' foot high. The man paid $2,400+ for the rifle and rigging, I suggested he lay the rifle on its side and use the side mounter sights until he could get the problem solved.

F. Guffey

This is really stupid, but you said you were new. If one turret on the scope is in the center and up, which side of the scope is the other turret on?

Back